Know the opportunities you have to reduce the cost of hospitalisation and medical procedures. With an Integrated Shield Plan, you do not have to worry about the overwhelming bills on your next visit to the hospital.
The Integrated Shield Plan provides coverage for a variety of medical procedures, along with the deductibles and other related expenses. All you need to do is integrate a private insurance plan into your existing MediShield Life plan and you will get better coverage. Read on to find out more about the programme and the way it works for patients.
- With MediShield Life kicked into gear since 2015, all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents have better medical insurance coverage.
- A larger portion of their bills for treatments and stays in B2 or C class wards will be taken care of. However, the deductible and co-insurance would have to be borne by the patient.
- As MediShield Life is designed to benefit patients up to B2 class ward level, should you choose to be treated in a ward class higher than B2, your out-of-pocket expense is going to be higher.
Integrated Shield Plan
- You can reduce that expense significantly by taking an Integrated Shield Plan, which consists of a MediShield Life portion AND an addition component by a private insurer. By subscribing to additional riders, the Integrated Shield Plan will even cover the deductibles and co-insurance portions of the bill.*
- With an Integrated Shield Plan and rider, your out-of-pocket expense can be lowered greatly for several procedures in private hospitals such as Mount Elizabeth Hospitals, Gleneagles Hospital and Parkway East Hospital.
* As of 31 March 2021. Please check with your insurance agent for exact coverage and policy changes. Private insurers include AIA, Aviva, AXA, Great Eastern, NTUC Income and Prudential.
Find out more about Integrated Shield Plans, and how they can help to pay for your medical bills at private hospitals.